Another easy, tasty & fun dessert perfect for any Spring get together or occasion! I decorated mine for Easter, using some fun Easter sprinkles. These are a fun lemon & raspberry flavor combination that are just bursting with Spring flavor!
Recipe:
I cheated and used a box of white cake mix, adding some lemon flavoring and adjusting it for the high altitude. Homemade cake batter is even better but boxed is what I had on hand and I was short on time. I split the batter evenly into 4 bowls and added my choice of food coloring to each bowl, following the directions on the back of the food dye box. After each bowl was thoroughly mixed, I spooned a portion of the colors into my cupcake liners. I stuck with 2 colors (1/3 & 1/3) per cupcake, filling liner 2/3 full. Once the batter is in the liners, swirl with a tooth pick, using a different tooth pick for each of the color combinations to avoid color contamination. Bake cupcakes according to directions on box or recipe.
| Swirled batter |
| All baked and cooled |
Let cup cakes cool. While cupcakes are cooling, mix up the raspberry filling.
In a sauce pan combine 3/4 C V-8 Raspberry-Cranberry fruit fusion juice, 1/2 C sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp raspberry flavoring, 2 tbs corn starch. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Spoon filling into a frosting piping bag with a round # 3 tip. On the lower side of the top of the cupcake, push tip of bag into cupcake and gently squeeze filling into cupcake until a little bit squishes out the the hole. Repeat for each cupcake.
In a sauce pan combine 3/4 C V-8 Raspberry-Cranberry fruit fusion juice, 1/2 C sugar, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp raspberry flavoring, 2 tbs corn starch. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Spoon filling into a frosting piping bag with a round # 3 tip. On the lower side of the top of the cupcake, push tip of bag into cupcake and gently squeeze filling into cupcake until a little bit squishes out the the hole. Repeat for each cupcake.
| Cupcakes with filling |
Frosting
I like to use a basic cake frosting recipe of my Grandma's that she used when she used to decorate wedding cakes.
1 bag powdered sugar ( 2 lbs) 1/2 C milk 1/2 C plain Crisco, Crisco only
Flavoring of your choice
I mix my frosting in my KitchenAide mixer and went with lemon flavoring. I also use almond or coconut milk, diluted with water instead of real milk. Just let it mix together and get good and fluffy. I almost let mine mix for 20 minutes.
Frost cupcakes to cover the hole left by the piping bag. Decorate with sprinkles. Enjoy the yummy Spring flavors!
1 bag powdered sugar ( 2 lbs) 1/2 C milk 1/2 C plain Crisco, Crisco only
Flavoring of your choice
I mix my frosting in my KitchenAide mixer and went with lemon flavoring. I also use almond or coconut milk, diluted with water instead of real milk. Just let it mix together and get good and fluffy. I almost let mine mix for 20 minutes.
Frost cupcakes to cover the hole left by the piping bag. Decorate with sprinkles. Enjoy the yummy Spring flavors!
No comments:
Post a Comment